09/12/2017

08/12/2017 Friends Arrive


A visit from friends and another surgical procedure

A couple of days after my brother Jon left I have enjoyed having two good friends visit me yesterday and today, it has been really good to see them as my recovery can feel like a long road.

Unfortunately I have had a CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) leak these past couple of days, which has been giving me some problems, and have been told there are still traces of wound infection, but this time lower down. In addition, I have had an abscess developing on the back of my head as a result of so much time lying on my back, even though I am moved onto my side at regular intervals. As a result they are taking me back to theatre this afternoon to deal with all three issues at the same time - stopping the CSF leak and replenishing spinal fluids, flushing out and treating the wound infection, and treating the abscess.

I don’t therefore expect to be online much immediately following this, but please do pray that all goes well. I am hoping the procedures I’m having will deal effectively with all these issues.

Thank you to you all for your support as always - onwards and upwards!











Update:

The news from Sarah's carer as of this evening is that things have gone well and she is spending the night under observation in ICU and all being well should be back on the ward tomorrow.








Please Leave a Comment

Translate

Facebook